Goalies who attend our programs will be exposed to the most modern and proven goaltender training techniques available.
McGuire Goaltending is constantly updating their drills and remains dedicated to educating themselves and discovering the newest and most effective ways to teach goaltenders.
The methods used for each goalie is not based on a specific style, but on the needs of the individual.
On top of the technical improvements on their overall skills, each goaltender will also experience an improved sense of confidence that will help them both on and off the ice.
Goaltender Training Areas of Focus
• Goalie Specific Skating & Edge Work
• Crease Movement / Butterfly Slides & Pushes
• Stickhandling (Passing, Shooting & Playing the puck behind the net)
• Communication Skills (Talking to D)
• Rebound Control / Save Selection
• Glove + Blocker Positioning
• Reading Plays
• Game Situation Drills
• Post Locks + Leans
• Staying "Big"
• Stick Positioning
• Agility / Patience on the Puck
• Chest Smothers / Pass-Outs
• Tracking the Puck in front and behind the net
• Positive Body Language
15 Week Program (September 11 – December 18)
Location - NTR Richmond Hill
15 Goalies Only
11am – 12pm
All Ages & Levels Welcome - Goalies are split up by age and skill level
Beginning September 15th
Location - Canlan at York
Registration Information and Rates TBA